Wednesday, January 14, 2009

my first time

Tonight I went to the Richmond Java User Group (RJUG) meeting to attend Jared Richardson's, "Career 2.0 - Take Control of Your Life" presentation. I highly recommend anyone looking to get more out of their career and their life. His presentation inspired me to start this blog. It made me realize that if I want to feel fulfilled with my career I need to take the responsibility of educating myself and sharing what I have learned. This blog will give me a medium to do just that.

My plan is to make monthly posts on solutions to problems I faced and/or new technologies I learned over the month. Hopefully, I can stick with it.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Jared's Career 2.0 presentation twice now (once at NFJS and again at a local JUG meeting). I was inspired to do the same thing - although I started my blog on both blogger and tumblr. It works out kinda well - but I never post as much as I should. Post even the little things you find (like Jared says) and someone out there will use it.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete